Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Tough Day

Today was a tough day for both mommy and Leeann. I simply feel physically exhausted and it's taking a toll on my emotional/mental state as well. I've got a great husband, and some great friends though... it makes it easier to get through tough days.

It didn't help that Leeann spent the afternoon in near hystarics because she got her blood drawn today. We're trying to find the source of a food allergy. My friend Eroica went with me so that she could hold her on her lap (mine has all but disappeared) while she got it done. It seemed like an eternity between when the needle went into her arm and when they pulled it out. I must say, to this point, that's the toughest thing I've ever had to deal with being a mom. I wanted so badly to take the pain away and I know she has no concept of the fact that it will only make it better. There was nothing I could do to comfort her, that was really hard.

I suppose that might be a lesson to me from God. The pain of carrying my baby boy in my tummy is sometimes almost more than I think I can bare. It's for my own good in the long run though--I know it will all be worth it in the end!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Our first child had a name before birth other than Baby Buhl...It was given by some friends. The name stuck for the whole 9 months... Whenever we spoke of the expected child it(she) was referred to as "Ajax"....