Sunday, October 30, 2005

Birthday Fun

We spent the day yesterday celebrating Rob's Birthday and had a lot of fun. We slept in, which is always a bonus, then I made my two favorite people some french toast and eggs for breakfast. We eagerly got ready for our day and then we went out and looked at houses that we can't afford to buy (a favorite pastime of ours) and drempt about having the extra space and then tried to figure out how on earth we could afford a bigger mortgage--and then we came back to reality because I had to be at the church for a meeting. Rob took Leeann out to look at some more houses but ended up doing that solo as she napped in the back seat. They came back to get me after my meeting and then we went to a Birthday party for our friends two-year old daughter Neve. We didn't stay long because we had already arranged for a baby sitter for Leeann so Rob and I could go out to celebrate his Birthday with dinner.

So we dropped Leeann off with a gracious family in our church and we went in search of a place to have dinner in Corvallis. PROBLEM--Birthday dinners don't mix with a Beavers game that just got out! We tried our luck at several different restaurants that were packed so we landed at McGrath's fishhouse where we still encountered a 30-40 minute wait. Dinner was worth it though and the company was fantastic! We ended our evening alone over Starbucks with some more good conversation. I can't believe how much I still enjoy being married to Rob!

We picked up Leeann and went back over to Craig and Mandy's (our friends with the Birthday girl) where we spent the next several hours hanging out and just chatting about life. They are great friends, turning into greater friends everytime we get to hang out with them. It's nice to have great friends... we seem to be making all sorts of them through our small group!

Anyway, that's Rob's Birthday in a nutshell. I have to go and get ready for church now. I enjoyed the 'extra' hour of sleep last night. Maybe I'll actually get to church on time this morning? Just a thought...

No comments: