Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Lot's of Kids...



Since I've recently posted snippits about the rest of my family, let me introduce you to my 3 part time additional family members. Their names are Tony, Byron and Krista. Tony is 12, Byron is 11 & Krista is 9. I've been watching them since February of this year. They come over to my house at 4:15 in the morning (which was a time that I didn't know existed until I started this job!) and they usually stay until about 4:30 or 5:00 in the afternoon. It's not so bad because it's only Monday, Wednesday and Friday and I get to send them all off to school. So, I still get a few hours with just me and Leeann in the late morning/early afternoon.

It's been a true blessing to have these kids as a part of my life. They're teaching me a lot about kids in general, they're teaching me patience and really, they're teaching me how to love better. They can be a little rough around the edges (as can any kids that age) but they are really honestly quite helpful and sweet. They love my daughter to pieces and she loves them back! She's so excited to get up in the morning on the days she knows they are here. One of her favorite parts of the day is getting to wake them up and help them roll up their sleeping bags.

An additional blessing is that I can work from home doing something I love. I get to be a stay-at-home mom AND love on other kids AND even bring home a little bling in the process. All in all, I wouldn't trade my job for anything in the world. Adding Baby #2 may complicate things a little, I'll keep you updated on how that goes. Suddenly, I'll have 5 kids 3 days a week. That's a lot for one little gal to handle, but I'll do my best! Kids are a blessing from God, even if they belong to other people.

No comments: