Friday, October 28, 2005

Pumpkin Carving

Are they supposed to be this gushy?
Um, yummy cupcake!

Mom, look how far I can spit the pumpkin seeds!


Rob, Leeann & I threw a pumpkin carving party for our small group at the church last night. It was a lot of fun! I wish I had more pictures to show, but our camera batteries died after the first two pictures *tear*. (Eroica to the rescue, she sent me the ones you see above!) We had a pumpkin carving contest, a pumpkin seed spitting contest and a ring-the-pumpkin contest (in the dark, with glow sticks!). The men seemed to enjoy the seed spitting contest quite a bit but the kids were definately taken by the glow sticks. I had no idea that those silly little dollar store items could be so much fun for kids! We let Leeann take a whole host of leftover glow sticks to bed with her last night. She played with them for a while and when we went to check on her she was sleeping with a glow-necklace around her neck, some random sticks on her bed and on the floor and probably a half-dozen firmly clenched in her hands. Rob told me that when she woke up this morning the first thing she did was grab her glow-sticks. She seems to love those things!

It was a long day for me running around getting ready for the party, but it was a super-fun day. Rob and I love our small group. The three years we spent at our church before we joined a small group were good, but the six months since we joined a group have been priceless! We've formed a lot of great friendships and I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world. If you aren't part of a church, I recommend you find one to become a part of one and if you are part of a church I highly recommend you become part of a small group. It's been a true blessing to us and I'm sure it will be to you too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your daughter is absolutely adorable!!!