Saturday, October 29, 2005

Happy Birthday Rob!



HAPPY BIRTHDAY MR. ROB!!!

(Caution, sappy material below)

Today we celebrate the birth of the most wonderful man in the whole world, my husband Rob! On this day in 1975 a little bundle of joy was born. I know I speak for myself and so many others when I say that this world is a better place because of him. Rob is a man who loves God and cares for people unlike any person I've ever been around. The first time I really met him he was preaching at a college group Bible study. I said to myself "I want to marry a man who loves the Lord so much that you can tell when he opens his mouth--just like I can tell with this guy." I knew nothing about him, but that day I knew I wanted to marry someone like him. His love for God was SO obvious! Lucky for me, he wasn't married and although he was quite far out of my league, he took a chance on me anyway. Within a couple of months we were dating. Within a couple of more months we were engaged. And before two more months passed we were married... and life since then has been good! In nearly four years of marriage I've never lost respect for Rob. He's a man of integrity, honesty and love. I've never regreted marrying him for even a single moment! I honestly feel like I'm living in a dream world sometimes. I imagine this is how God intended marriage to be. I know Rob isn't perfect, but I know that he lets God use him and he submits his life to God daily. This makes a not-so-perfect human a quite incredible husband, daddy, pastor and friend! I am thankful for the 30 years that God has given him and used him and I pray that God will allow him many, many more. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROB--I LOVE YOU!!

No comments: