Thursday, September 10, 2009

Dinner is Served

This evening I heard Leeann loudly sobbing as I was... momentarily indisposed. I soon found her with her face bright red with tears and snot streaming down her face. I asked her what was wrong and she told me that she looked everywhere for me and thought that I was gone and that I'd left her and Titus all alone. Poor girl! To try to get her mind off of the crazy notion that I went to a friend's house and left them home I asked her, "What would you have done if I wasn't here?" Titus said, "We were going to play out back and I was going to take care of Leeann!" I asked them what they would have eaten. "That's silly mommy, we can't cook!" said Leeann.

"I bet you could find something. What would you do for dinner if I weren't here?" They both went straight to the pantry and Titus said, "Let's make mac n' cheese Leeann." I discouraged that, but Leeann came up with an idea that I actually thought they might be able to pull off on their own. "Can we?" she said.

"It's your dinner."





Dinner is served with ZERO help from mommy! Leeann proudly announced after she finished. "Titus, now we get a piece of candy!" she looked at me to see if she would get approval on that one. She did.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you sure Leeann didn't have some dirt with that cereal?

Robyn said...

The dirt came before dinner, they were playing outside. No worries, they got baths tonight!