Wednesday, March 26, 2008

A Portrait of Compassion

Rob let the kids know yesterday before he left that mommy wasn't feeling great and that it was important for them to obey and be gentle with me. I am amazed at how well they both respond to this, but especially how Leeann responds.

I was laying in bed mid-morning yesterday and I had rolled Titus on top of me playing with him. I was smoochin and tickling him and he was giggling. Leeann looked at him and sternly said, "No, Titus, don't do that... you're going to hurt mommy!"

A little while later she asked if I needed a back rub and a snuggle. I happily obliged! Then after her breakfast she told me that she didn't feel well. I said, "Oh, that's too bad, do you need to lay down?" Dramatically she told me that it was probably a good idea so she headed into my bed to 'rest'. I went in to snuggle with her and talk to her about her 'pain'. I asked her where she hurt and she said everywhere as she rubbed her hands up and down her arms and legs. I said, "Oh, are your owies just like mommy's?" She said, "Yeah, they're just like yours mommy."

Then we were driving in the car yesterday and she inquisitively looked at me and said, "Mommy, will your owies hurt forever?" I told her that I didn't know, but reassured her that God would take care of me even if my owies don't go away.

Well, last night Rob was putting the kids to bed and without any prompting, Leeann asked if they could pray for mommy. So, she prayed that I would feel better and that my owies wouldn't last forever. Is she not the sweetest little girl ever? I'm so blessed by little princess!

No comments: