Saturday, August 11, 2007

A Little Bit of Cleaning

Today was a wonderful lazy family day for us. I say wonderful mostly because Rob is scrubing upstairs bathroom while I'm down here "folding laundry". :0) I did fold a load, and now I'm taking a break!

We've just been continuing our trek of putting our house back together, and now we're preparing for company. Mee Maw will arrive tomorrow in preparation for our trip! The countdown is officially down to one hand!

Let's just say, I'm a little excited. Unfortunately though, any trip typically means I have to tackle Mount Washmore, which I've been doing ever-so-dilligently these last couple of days. Rob's trying to train me to fold a load right as it comes out of the dryer, it's good advice! Deep down inside I know my husband really does love the 4 baskets of clean laundry that are sitting on our bedroom floor at any given point in time :0)

I know I've said this before, but for some reason, laundry has always been a hard one for me to keep on top of. Such is life, we all have our down sides, right?

Weather forcast for Southern California for the next 10 days--79-85 degrees and sunny. I was fearing 110 degree heat, so I'm rather excited about that forcast! I did go to Ross to buy a couple of new tank tops last night, I love Ross!

I don't even know why I'm posting right now, I don't have anything good to say really. With that, I should go work on the next load of laundry before I get caught! :0)

3 comments:

Jessi said...

We're so excited for you big family adventure...and I have to say I'm somewhat releaved to know that someone else hates laundry. Actually I love folding laundry, it's the putting away part that I could do without. Dean is not so please at my lack of enthusiasm to place them in drawers, but I always say to him, you have two hands, why not try yourself. Needless to say, we still have baskets of clean FOLDED laundry everywhere!

rob said...

I knew it! I'm slaving away with bleach in one hand and you're downstairs sipping a cool drink and blogging....I'm sneaking downstairs next time.......I'll catch you slacking.....:)

Anonymous said...

I am totally with you on the laundry. Right now I've been trying to do the fold-it-as-it-comes-out thing. I got us down to only one basket sitting on our bedroom floor! By the way, the princess bed looks fabulous! I love the quilt on it.