Saturday, March 28, 2009

We make a good team

It's fun being married to your best friend! Sometimes I feel like Rob and I work so well together that I'm living in a dream-land. Seriously, growing up I never imagined that marriage could be such a blessing and so much fun!

The joy of marriage is never as noticeable as when things get tough. Right now, we are obviously in one of the tougher stages of our lives taking on two full-time foster kids (er, uh siblings?), and it's complicated our life quite a bit on so many levels... yet so much of it is a strange joy.

One of the most joyous parts is seeing how Rob and I work together to get things done, make things happen, and help each other survive the craziness that we now call life! I am consistently amazed at how he knows so much without ever having to ask. Somehow he just knows when I need a break, or a hug, or some encouragement, or when I need him to step in, or back away, be firm or loosen up.

Of course, this isn't the case 100% of the time, but it happens often enough that I can't help but think that God designed marriage to be quite an amazing thing. I'm so grateful that he gave me such a wonderful man to walk through life with!

Did I mention he's a rock to take on 2 extra kiddos for an unknown period of time on virtually no notice? AND to do it all with such love and grace? Yup, I must say that I am one incredibly blessed woman to be sharing life with my husband. I LOVE YOU ROB!

No comments: