Monday, June 25, 2007

Baby Balooga

I'm sitting here watching Weston, Leeann, Logan, Kajsa and Titus merrily dancing around to preschool silly-songs. It's amazing how much joy and energy silly songs can ignite in little ones. You can't have a song on for more than 3 seconds before their little bodies just get grooving. Titus throws his hands in the air and wiggles about. "A tooty-ta, a tooty-ta, a tooty ta ta! Thumbs up, elbows back, feet together, bottoms up, tongue out..."

But, my favorite song is Baby Balooga (how do you spell that?) I have very clear memories of Kindergarten, singing that very same song. I was just a tad-bit older than Leeann and my memories are crystal clear. That song takes me back to all sorts of sights, smells, people, and thoughts. Isn't it just crazy how a song can do that?

3 comments:

Jessi said...

Do you remember that song by The Cardigan's that was so popular when we were like 13? It was on the sound track of Romeo and Juliet...well it always brings me right back to 8th grade, winter dance and my best friend at the time, Breanne...we didn't dance at the dance, we all just stood around and sung to the music! Funny hey!

Jessi said...

Do you remember that song by The Cardigan's that was so popular when we were like 13? It was on the sound track of Romeo and Juliet...well it always brings me right back to 8th grade, winter dance and my best friend at the time, Breanne...we didn't dance at the dance, we all just stood around and sung to the music! Funny hey!

Anonymous said...

I love the Baby Beluga song! I didn't hear it when I was very young but I loved it even as a teenager when my sisters where into it! And I went out and bought the Cardigan's album for "Love Fool". I was pretty obsessed with that movie and ol' Leo DiCaprio. I don't miss that stage too much, but it is very connected with music.