Monday, June 04, 2007

Mud Volleyball Post #2

Yesterday our church's youth group held an outreach event... inviting our youth group to gather teams of people to play mud volleyball. It was lot's of fun to watch. It was so cool seeing so many kids there that we don't know. After only a year of being gone, the youth group has grown by leaps-and-bounds. It's neat to see what God is doing... if you can look through the mud and the muck of the teen years that is!

This is Branden... he was a freshman when we first came to the church. Now he's a youth leader. Wierd... I'm beginning to feel old! He's with Byron, one of the boys I used to babysit. Fearless and muddy!
This is Nick... I just love this picture, so I had to post it!
This is Joel, the mastermind behind the madness. He's the new youth pastor. I call him totally responsible, yet delightfully immature. Perfect traits for a youth pastor!
Here's just a little glimpse of the madness.
I don't know who these kids are, but they give further proof to my earlier statement about middle schoolers needing to be institutionalize (though these may be highschoolers... but the point remains the same!)
Josh. Need I say more? He was a little pip squeek 7th grader when we first met him. Not such a pip squeek anymore though...
This is Victoria, I think she was still in elementary school when we came on, as were the kids who you see behind her. She's growing up into a beautiful young lady now... again, if you can see past the mud!
Nikki. Ah, Nikki. She was a junior when we came. Some days she would be the only one to show up to youth group when we first got here. She's been an inspiration to me throughout the years. When I grow up, I want to be like Nikki (I don't know if I have any single 20 something male blog readers... but she's quite a catch. She's one of the most beautiful women I've ever met... inside and out. Her family is a little wacky, but positively wonderful all at the same time!)

She's Pastor Denny's daughter, for those of you who don't know. Check my March archives for the crazy man catching a seagul!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Robyn, you're too kind. I remember those days back in high school. Even though some nights were a bit lonely it was still lots of fun to hang out with you and Rob. I miss Settlers! We should play that again one of these days. Oh and by the way, your little plug about a special guy made me laugh. You're not the only one working to find me a match. My parents are always on the hunt. Ha! ha! Someday....when the time is right it will all come together. I'm sure of it!! :)

Lots of Love!
Nikki