Monday, July 02, 2007

81 minutes and 16 seconds

Yup, that's how long I spent on the phone with a Dell Customer Support person today. Unforntunately, this is the 3rd time since I bought my lap top less than 3 months ago! Have I ever told you that Windows Vista is not my friend? Well, if I failed to mention that, now you know!

I also learned that someone's listening in on your conversations even when you're on hold. Or at least, I'm thinking that's the case.

After about 20 minutes the support tech asked if he could put me on hold for 2 to 4 minutes while he researched this problem. As soon as the cheesy elevator music came on I lamented to Suzy that I think this was the same guy I got last time who I could barely understand. He spoke English well, but had a really thick accent, and I'm somewhat hard of hearing as it is.

Anyway, as soon as he got back on he asked me if he could clarify whether or not I could understand him okay, and he encouraged me to let him know if he needed to speak slower or more clearly. I felt so embarrassed, because I'm sure someone was listening in on my conversation!

In the end, my video card was corrupted and it was uninstalled and reinstalled by the Dell tech support guy. I don't know if you've ever called for computer support, but you can let them hack into your computer and access everything. They are able to do all of the work from their computers. Now, isn't that just crazy?

On top of that, all four kids were extra irritable today, which made for an extra irritable mommy too. I used to think I wanted four kids. Two is nice!

Speaking of, Suzy's working and Rob's at a meeting and it's bedtime. We'll see how this goes. Logan and Weston go to bed spledidly most of the time. Titus is hit and miss. Leeann on the other hand, I can't put her to sleep for the life of me. It's daddy's job and mommy just doesn't suffice! Here goes nothing though...

No comments: