Thursday, May 18, 2006

Monday Night

Oh my my. I love my daughter. I did not enjoy her very much however, at about 1:30 Monday morning! My kids and I stayed the night at my cousin's house so we all slept in the same room. I'm a snuggler so I was in between my kids and somehow I was thinking it would be a magical evening! Well, Titus slept like an angel. Leeann on the other hand...

Aunt Pam had given Leeann some cinnamon bread-sticks from my favorite restraunt in the whole wide world, Sunshine Pizza. I should have known better, but I thought that it wouldn't be a big deal--there isn't that much sugar on those things right? WRONG! And of course, Leeann and Aunt Pam were both enjoying the spoiling/being spoiled fun that was going on between them.

About 1:30 in the morning I heard Leeann climbing up the wall. Kind of. She was up against the wall with her leg straight up in the air and she was rubbing it up against the wall. I tried to tell her to stop and go back to bed, but once she realized I was up she started talking to me too. She had a full-fledged conversation with me telling me all about her day. She kept asking me to 'get-down' (this is what she does when she wakes up in the morning. She stays in bed until we tell her she can get down, it's really cute that she still doesn't realize that she can get out of bed without permission.) I told her that she couldn't get down because everyone else in the house was sleeping. She just kept talking very loudly and I was dozing in and out of sleep. She continued to roll all over her side of the bed, into me and up the wall. Finally at about 3:30 I put her down on the ground with her pillow and a blanket.

She kept talking and in desperation I said to her, "Leeann, it's 3:30 in the morning, everyone is sleeping and you need to go to sleep too." This appeased her for a few short minutes. Just as I was dozing back off to sleep she said, "What time is it?" Great, a new question that I'll spend the next 8 years answering. I ignored her and a few minutes later she asked it again. Great. I regreted ever trying to reason with her about what time it was and why she needed to go back to sleep!

A few minutes later she had grabbed a toy truck off the floor and brought it up to the bed and begun to 'drive' it right next to Titus. She really wanted to play!

Eventually she went back to sleep, after about 2 hours and I went back to sleep too. Not too long after Titus woke up to eat of course, because that's just the way life works!

Again, I ask myself "Why do you read this silly stuff!?" I like it and I will continue to write it because I have the feeling I'm going to love re-living these things in the years to come. I still re-read the adoption story occassionaly and I almost cry every time. I love the adoption story, and heck, I don't remember what it's like to sleep through the night, so what's one night of playing at 1:30 in the morning? This is the stuff that memories are made of!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. » »

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read » »