Sunday, February 26, 2006

Two More Days Til Move Day!!!

We take possession of our house on Tuesday! Yay! We don't have to be fully out of our house until Friday at noon and it looks like we'll be pushing it pretty close to then. We'll move most of our big stuff on Thursday evening so that'll probably be our first day officially in our new house. Which means that I'll spend all of Friday morning getting our current place ready to hand over to the buyers. They seem like really nice people and I certainly want to leave the home as I would want it left for me to move in. Bottom line, it's going to be a long week!

We spent all of yesterday packing, packing and packing some more. I hate packing! We've got most everything packed (our house looks like a maze of boxes!) but it's the random little stuff that drives me nuts. What box do you pack that random do-hicky in and what room will it go into in our new house? Do we really even need it? What the heck is it anyway? Hmmm... life's little wonders!

Friday night Rob got a babysitter and took me to the Olive Garden for my Birthday--it was really sweet. I love the Olive Garden! He and Leeann baked me a cake on Thursday and when I got home from my long wait at the DMV he sent me on a "Leeann's Clues" hunt. (It's a spoof from Blue's Clues which Leeann loves to watch). Rob traced part of Leeann's hand onto sticky notes and sent me on a treasure hunt around the house. I finally found my card smooshed between two plastic totes. It was a very cute Veggie Tales card and it had $40 inside of it. I'm saving up to buy a really nice camera of my own to use for my new photography business. Eroica has a super-nice camera that we use for business but it sure would be nice for us to both have one, especially for weddings. Besides, I'd love to take it along with me wherever I go so I can get some great looking shots anytime (It's funny how I was so excited about my Kodak a couple of months ago but now that I see what expensive camera's can do I'm no longer so content!). Unfortunately they are not very cheap... but I'm going to try real hard to get one soon. We've talked about letting me buy one on 'credit' that I'll have to pay back with my earnings by Christmas. Credit meaning I borrow it from our savings and pay it back with interest :0) I'm willing to do that if it means I'll get my camera sooner. As soon as moving is all done I'm going to do a little research until I find one that makes me drool!

I simply can't wait to be moved in and settled into our new house. Our life has seemed so chaotic since Titus was born! First the baby, then Christmas, then house shopping, selling, signing, buying, packing etc. Not to mention starting a new business to boot! Sometimes I think I live a crazy life, but I wouldn't want it any other way~ I truly love my life! Unless you think I'm WAY too crazy I should let you know that I'm no longer doing day care from my home. I don't think I ever blogged that in the excitement and stress of packing and such.

No comments: