Monday, February 13, 2006

Fussy, Fussy, Fussy

Wow, today has been a tiring day with Titus. He's been just plain fussy. Not the cute little random noise-making-fussy... but the all out screaming-his-head-off fussy! I know, I'm spoiled because I'm just now experiencing this. He generally only cries when he's hugry but today he just couldn't be settled. When in need of advice--call a sister! Suzy helped me calm him down by telling me to put him on his tummy over my knees. It did the trick for a while. He wasn't as easily calmed by it this evening though. I wasn't sure who was going to lose it first, me or Rob. I was trying to get some work done for church this evening so Rob was on after dinner kid duty. We passed Titus back and forth for a while trying anything and everything to get him to settle down. I finally got out some gas drops, Rob swaddled him up and rocked him and finally got him to go to sleep. I hope he feels better when he wakes up.

I was happy to have Rob here this evening so I didn't have to go through it myself like I did this afternoon. It's hard because I can tell that he hurts but I just don't know what to do to make it better. It might be harmful in the long run though because if Titus tests Rob's patience too much then he might be hesitant to let me escape for a little while. Hmmm, the catch 22 I'm in. He's a good daddy... we both just need to find the infant instruction manual. Does anybody have one of those handy?

No comments: