Thursday, February 09, 2006

At Aunt Shelly's

Leeann, Titus and I decided to hitch a ride from a family in our church up to visit Rob's family in Washington. Rob couldn't come along *tear* but we're having fun anyway! We are staying at his sisters house with her husband and four kids... they are lot's of fun. This morning I sent Leeann downstairs at 8:00 and Titus and I slept in until 10:00. It was so wonderful!

Yesterday we went to visit Rob's mom who's in the hospital for a couple of days (hence our trip up here). She has some medical problems and the latest landed her a trip to the hospital unfortunately. The fluid inside of her stomach is infected and they are treating her with IV antibiotics so she has to stay for several days. She was originally supposed to be home Wednesday or maybe Thursday but that's been set back to Friday or later. The kids and I were going to stay with her during the day while Carmin (her husband) was at work. She took such good care of us when Titus was born that I was hoping to return the favor, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. We have to leave tomorrow evening to hitch our ride back home. I enjoy being up here a lot but I sure am missing Rob. I'm kind of pathetic because I even find myself missing him when he's just at work for the day. So going several days without him is really hard.

Leeann must have eaten something that really did her in. Between 2 and 7 yesterday I changed 5 really icky diapers. It seems like everytime I turned around there was another one. It almost got to the point of funny. So far we had 3 more today in a 3 hour time span too. The final one ended with her in tears because we were leaving the park and my niece KayLee was trying to buckle her into her carseat. She started crying hystarically screaming about her diaper (she was sitting in it with an already sore bottom from the last 7 icky diapers). So I changed her in the back seat which is very difficult to do. She had it all over her clothes and she would scream when I would touch her with the wipes. Of course, all of this has to be in a day where I'm the sole diaper changer. Where's daddy when you need him? I've actually been quite spoiled because he's been taking most of Leeann's diapers when he's home. Titus's blow out last night, accompanied by his large spit up almost sent me over the edge. Not to mention his leaking this morning and his spit up on my jeans (again). By the time I changed Leeann and we were leaving the park Shelly felt sorry enough for me that she brought me a double-chocolate chip blended creme from Starbucks...yummy... thanks aunt Shelly! Somehow that made my misery better. I don't know if I packed enough pull-ups and wipes to get me through tomorrow though. I suppose it just depends on if Leeann's all cleaned out yet. I can't imagine where more would come from.

Anway, I'll stop boring you with potty details eventhough it seems to be defining my life lately. With that I ask you to pray for Janice (Rob's mom) and I'll keep you updated on what's going on there.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

It sounds like you have had a good time, dispite the potty problems. I can't wait until I get to blog about my own baby's potty problems.....aaaaahhhhhhh!!

Beckys blog said...

Oh the joyous things I have to look forward to. Spit up and blow out diapers here we come!