Thursday, February 23, 2006

A Happy Birthday

Today was my 24th Birthday. 24. Crazy! I woke up to Lucky Charms in bed with some yellow flowers to brighten my day. Rob spent the morning working in the garage while I bathed the kids and got them, and myself, ready for the day. We headed off to sign papers for the house at 2 then I headed to the DMV to renew my license. I wanted to renew it after signing the papers so that I wouldn't have to spend the next 8 years with a sticker on my card. So, after the customary hour of wait time at the DMV I was told I had the wrong paper to show my new address. So I went home and got the rest of the paper work and brought it back only to be told that wasn't sufficient either. So I went to the title place who told me that things wouldn't actually clear until Tuesday. By that time the DMV closed so I know have an expired license. I'll have Eroica drive me to the DMV tomorrow and just concede to 8 years with the silly sticker. Oh well, such is life!

Then Rob and I took the kids to Costco and enjoyed some pizza for dinner. We went to check out some laminate flooring for our new house. We then went to Home Depot to see if we could find the matching pieces for the thresholds and we mosied around there for a while. My daddy is going to come down next week and help us install some laminate flooring in our new house. Right now the dining room is carpeted which isn't kid friendly! I look forward to spending time with my daddy and also to a new pretty floor!

We then headed to small group which was fun. I got a Birthday cake complete with candles. I like Birthday cake, especially with ice cream. Leeann and Rob made me one today but I haven't gotten to have any yet. I'll get some tomorrow I'm sure! Leeann spent the whole day saying "Leeann Birthday Cake". I guess she'll have to wait until tomorrow to get some, cause she's in bed now.

Our house is over come with boxes and yet there are still so many more boxes to be packed. I can't wait until my life resumes some hint of normalcy!

Well... I'm going to go now. It's late and I should take advantage of this childless time to pack yet one more box... or maybe two...

No comments: