Friday, March 23, 2007

"One of those days"

Do you ever go to bed with a heavy heart and so much to pray about and think about, and with so many things going on around you, that even after 8 solid hours of sleep you wake up feeling beat up and ragged like you've just run a marathon... and the day hasn't even started! For me, it's one of those days!

I'm sitting here eating my Captain Crunch wondering if the best way to face my day is not even to face it at all and just crawl back in bed. Maybe my "healthy breakfast" will give me the pick-me-up I need? Probably not though. I imagine once this cereal is gone I really should crawl back into bed, and spend some time praying and giving my cares to God. "Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7. That's what I read this morning in a devotional book from Rob's mom (thanks!). I think I'll go do that now :0)

p.s. God is so great and Rob and the kids and I just got to go to the coast for 3 days for vacation... I'll give you more details on that soon hopefully. And I've got pictures, so stay tuned!

2 comments:

My name is Breanna... said...

Hey Robyn, Just wanted to let you know, I have had those days too, you go to bed tired, and somehow wake up MORE tired than the night before. Usually for me, these times are when I can't give over my cares to the Lord. I don't know if that's the case for you. But someone wise once reminded me that God never sleeps or rests. If you keep waking up trying to solve things, or wrestle with them, remember that God won't be "sleeping on the job" Even in the darkest hours, He is still working. Sorry if that was all preachy! Just wanted you to know I understand, and I will pray for you tonight, and pray that the Lord will give you peace where you need it most. Lifting you up, Breanna

Jessi said...

I've been "staying tuned" for a week, and still no pictures??? The weather must be super nice or something! Hope you're having a better day! Love, Jessi