Saturday, March 31, 2007

On the Home Front

So I haven’t blogged much lately, what’s new? We’ve been up to much of the same ‘ole same ‘ole lately. Between work and home Rob and I are both keeping quite busy these days. Exciting things are happening at our church and it’s fun to be a part of, but it can also be exhausting at times!

I’m saving up for a lap-top computer. It would really simplify my life a bit to be able to use the same computer at work, at Precious Portraits and at home. It would also help for me to be able to do some things out side of my bedroom (which is where my home computer is) and/or out of the office (where it can be hard to concentrate). I also think it would go a long way for me to be able to get my work hours in, and to get my work done, if I had a mobile computer. Even being able to take my computer into the nursery at church while my kids play could be priceless, especially once Suzy and the boys leave. So, I’ll keep you updated on that progress. I think I’m about half way there. Anyone want to buy a previously loved desktop for say, $200? It’s still in great condition, but we won’t need it if we both have lap-tops… and it would get me closer to my goal! Just thought I’d check :0)

We’re in the middle of several minor home remodeling projects. Remodeling is tough, because when you do one thing you just want to do something else. Like, since I’m redoing the master bathroom floor, it would be nice to paint since the molding is already off. But then we’d have to take down the wall paper, and the towel racks and other fixtures. Not to mention the fact that we’d have to buy the paint. We've spent the last couple of days painting the living room and our entry way floor is half ripped up in preparation to lay new flooring in there. Luckily, we have the flooring already, but it’ll be quite a project to finish! I’ll post pictures when all is said and done. At the very least, it’s fun to do, and hopefully our house will look much nicer because of it!

Want more family news? Check the posts below for updates on my kiddos!

No comments: