Saturday, March 10, 2007

Children's Ministry

I love my job! I really do. I look forward to going to work with great excitement and I feel like I have a very meaningful job that has the potential to make a huge impact in the lives of kids. Could you imagine any greater calling than to win kids to Christ and grow them in their faith?

Wow.

I try not to spout off about my job too much on this blog because it's very purpose is to keep you updated about what's going on in "Robyn's Nest", and I don't want this blog to turn into ministry musings. However, I've been reading a book that's been rocking my world and it seems to encompass most of my thoughts lately, so I feel compelled to blog about it.

I'm reading a book called Children's Ministry in the 21st Century. I would recommend this book for anyone called to reach kids in the 21st Century (and if you have kids, that includes you!). I'm only 2 or 3 chapters through and my mind is already spinning. It gives great insight into today's kids and puts before us a great challenge to meet kids where they are at, even if it doesn't make sense to us.

I'm tempted to expound on what I've been learning more than that, but I wouldn't know where to start or where to finish, and I'd probably end up writing a book-lenth commentary by the time I was finished. Those of you who recall my IKEA post I'm sure will be greatful if I just stop there and recommend that you pick up a copy of the book for yourself.

No comments: