Sunday, July 09, 2006

Cookie Monster

The kids and I did not go to church today. Leeann qas quite lethargic, sleepy and hot for a good part of the day yesterday. She didn't seem really sick, but she certainly wasn't feeling well.

Then last night Titus started coughing a bit and had a runny nose. We let him sleep in our room and he woke up and/or woke me up several times coughing, wheezing and sneezing. Then I woke up with a sore throat so we decided it would probably be better off all the way around for us to stay home.

Leeann crawled in and out of bed with me this morning, leaving to graze on her cereal for a while. Well, at one point I vaguely remember her pestering me to have a cookie. She actually does this fairly often, because she'll sometimes have animal cookies on the table or in a bowl on the counter left over from snack yesterday. After asking enough times I told her she could have a cookie, and I fell back asleep.

Some time later I felt her crawl back into my bed and she was talking about having cookies. That's when I remembered her asking me for cookies earlier. Well, I look over and she has half a cookie in her hand. Not an animal cookie however, but a real cookie. "Leeann, how many cookies did you have?" Sheepishly she answered, "Two". I was caught not knowing what to do because I think I'd given her permission to eat them thinking they were animal cookies. The question now remains, did she know what she was doing by asking me for them when she was sleeping? Hmmm, we may never know!

I have to keep one thing in mind though: At least she asked, and at least she told on herself by bringing a cookie to my bedroom. It could have been worse, she could have eaten the whole platefull without permission and she could have tried denying it. I don't think Titus is old enough to blame things like this on yet though!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»