Saturday, September 18, 2010

Two Weeks

Two weeks of school have now come and gone. I feel like we're getting into the groove of this 'being in school all day' thing.

Titus and I have, so far, survived our days without the princess. In fact, we've kept quite busy, which helps. Yesterday I went to her school to have lunch with her. She was so surprised, and so excited! I was there just shy of an hour and I heard about all sorts of school rules in regard to the lunch room and the playground. I think she secretly loved having something she could teach me!

I really enjoyed getting a small glimpse into her world. I just found out my background check has been cleared so I'm hopeful to get to spend some good quality time in her classroom soon, too.

I do wish her school days weren't so long, but I recently realized that when you add up all of the days they have off, and the ones that they come home early on, she really isn't outside of my care as long as I imagined she would be. And, she seems to be doing well with it, which is very important to me. I can't imagine how difficult it is for parents whose kiddos hate going to school.

Anyway, all that to say, two weeks into it, she's doing well and enjoying her new school and new teachers. She's found some friends to buddy up with and seems to be finding her niche, as well as a first grader can in the first weeks of school. But right now, it's the weekend, and I'm not-so-secretly glad to have her home!

No comments: