Saturday, September 11, 2010

First Day of First Grade



Tuesday marked the first day of the first grade for our little princess. It's so hard to believe that this day is already here! I feel like my life is quickly flashing before my eyes. Where did my baby go?

She enjoyed her day and made some new friends. Titus and I survived our day without her as well. It's so strange to just have Titus during the day. We purposefully kept busy, including a date to Starbucks and to Surefire which is a pottery place. He painted a little lady bug that we should get back next week, and he was so proud of it! We had plenty of fun together, but we were both incredibly excited to pick her up. Our trio's not the same without her!

Leeann had good reports coming home. She was too busy talking in the lunch room and lost track of her class apparently, but other than that had a great day.

Leeann is in a new school this year so she can be involved in a dual immersion program. She wasn't the least bit nervous about starting a different school, which I was really grateful for. She also seems to be quite okay with the fact that every other day she's in her Spanish speaking classroom where it's the only language spoken for the duration of the day. All of her subjects are in Spanish every other day... how crazy is that! I'd go stir-crazy, but she's excited about learning Spanish. We'll see how it progresses!

Does it ever get easier to let go of your kids? I think I want them both to live with me forever!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: