Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Making Plans

I'm making detailed plans for my family to survive by in my absence. You know, since I'm leaving them for 10 days and flittering away to the East Coast in less than a week!

The funny thing  is, when Rob leaves for a few days, or even a week, the only thing he needs to let me know is when he's leaving and when he'll be back.

When I leave however, I have to write a detailed list of who's supposed to be where, when, why and what they'll need to eat. Each day I have a plan for who takes Leeann to school, where Titus goes while she's at school, who picks her up, where the kids are for the second half of the day, when Rob picks them up, what they eat for dinner and what needs to happen in the evening (swim lessons, care group, who watches the kids when Rob has evening meetings, etc.).

These are all tid-bits of information that are stored in my little mommy brain. Rob doesn't have to store this information in his brain because I have it stored in mine. I have a sneeky suspicion that my family is going to be super grateful for me once I return. It's part of my fantastic plan!

In the meantime, I know these three are going to have a blast together. Rob's a great daddy. He's such a great daddy that the kids adore him and I have been a little irritated lately by the fact that the kids have been fighting every meal about who gets to sit by him. Literally. Every meal!

I'm a wee bit hopeful that a prolonged absence will cause them to fight over who gets to sit by me, for at least one meal! It probably won't happen, but at least I can hope!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh......the Wife Appreciation Course 101.....I remember it well, and it always had a great effect when I returned!! Have fun. Too bad you can't stop by Indy on your way!! Aunt b

Tara said...

I hope you have so much fun Robyn! Hopefully you will come back renewed and rejuvenated! I'm sure the kiddos will miss you like crazy and they will definitely fight over who gets to sit by you! My kiddos are like that about their daddy too. I Can totally related....