Saturday, April 24, 2010

1,000

Today, April 24th is the day I've posted my 1,000th post. And this makes 1,001!

What a crazy adventure this blog has been. I've enjoyed documenting and sharing my family's journey over the last four-and-a-half years. I really love having my journey through motherhood perserved with stories and pictures. Sometimes I go back and read through old posts. I treasure every post I've written.

I love that I get to share our journey with all of you. But honestly, I'd keep writing even if no one was reading. I hope someday my kids will read my blog and get a picture into their growing up years. They are just now getting to the point that they will have some lasting memories. But, because of the stories and the pictures that are compiled here they will get a glimpse into the early years of their lives.

And of course, looking back through my posts reminds of how quickly time flies. I am reminded of how short life is and how quickly trials are replaced by the joy that comes with seeing God's hand at work.

I also love knowing I have some strange 'connection' to the outside world. In some strange way I hope that I've touched, encouraged, or inspired someone somewhere to do something worthwhile.

If there's some way that this blog has been more than just entertainment in your life (which is certainly okay too) and you'd like to share it in honor of my 1,000th post... I'd love to hear from you. Feel free to leave a comment. I'll be honest, bloggers love comments. Well, at least this blogger does. Remember, it's something about the 'connection' to the outside world.

Thank you to all of my faithful readers for peaking in on our journey. I hope you all stick around for the next 1,000 posts. At one post a day that's almost another 3 years. My kids will be 7 and 9, or more likely 8 and 10 (I don't blog nearly every day).

I'm sure a lot of great stuff will take place over the next 1,000 posts. Here's to living (and blogging about ) the adventure we call life!

4 comments:

Rebecca.Alburn said...

Love keeping up with the latest in your life.
And it's wonderful knowing there are other people going through the craziness of parenthood!

Carrie said...

Congrats on a 1,000! That's an admirable milestone!

I like blogging for all the same reasons as yourself, of course, but then it also affords opportunities to get to know people better. So, might I say THANKS for blogging?

beachbirdie said...

Congratulations Robyn!

Now...dumb question...

Do you have all your stuff backed up somewhere that is NOT at Blogger?

;-)

Robyn said...

I confess, I do not have it backed up... I know that's awful.