Monday, January 18, 2010

Skype--Family Fun For Everyone!

My kiddos are LOVING the Skype. Two nights in a row we've gotten to talk to my Aunt Pam and Uncle Steve via Skype. They love to have meaningful conversations. I.E. "Look at me, watch this, can you see this?" as they shove things in front of the camera. It's cute, they love to watch themselves on the webcam.

Someday I'm going to figure out how to let them take some video that they can post here. But for now, we'll enjoy our adventures in Skyping. The world sure has changed a lot since I was my kids' age. The only phones we had were attached to the wall by a cord. We had to look phone numbers up in the phone book. My kids don't even know what a phone book is! And because there wasn't caller ID we frequently called random numbers and used lines such as, "Is your refrigerator running?" Ah, good times--Yes, I was a rebel!

No comments: