Saturday, February 09, 2008

Not again!

It's 10:30 and this is diaper #5 or 6 for Titus this morning. Yup, it's back. Of course it's back on a Saturday because then I can't leave him in the nursery at church. That's quite difficult when both of the sick child's parents work at a church and their biggest day is Sunday!

It's amazing how quickly a sick kiddo can turn what was planned to be a great day into a not so great day! Oh well, such is life. Such seems to be a lot of my life lately!

So, Rob and I bit the bullet and we started phase I of the South Beach Diet today. Basically, you get NO SUGAR for two weeks. It's trying to rid your body of it's sugar addiction, so you are limited to foods that don't quickly turn into sugar in your blood stream. We had scrambled eggs with peppers and turkey bacon this morning. I'm hoping it's something I can do since it's only two weeks. It's only two weeks. It's only two weeks...

We are in need of some new blinds for our windows since we painted last week. I think that's on our list today though I think we'll end up needing to special order them due to the size of our windows. We've got other post-painting home projects to do, like hanging up pictures and touching up some of the paint etc.

Oh, head over to Aunt Suzy's blog for the big gender reveal of Baby Molen! I'm going to be an auntie!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Y'know, I think I could probably do the two weeks without sugar if it weren't for Starbucks. :p Good luck!

Jennifer said...

The SBD is the best diet I have ever done. I learned so much about how my body works. Dieter lost 22 pounds and I lost 8 (no small fete for me, who has never lost weight before. I just gain it). I was amazed at how effective it is, but the first two weeks are tough.

SaraJane Campbell said...

Good luck on your South Beach Diet. You are beautiful as you are but I am so excited to see how it goes for you. You are going to feel so much better in the long run. I had to cut sugar out of my diet for a while which was no fun but once the initial period went by sweet things became very sweet. Fruit became like candy. It was great. They say your tastebuds get desensitized with sugar so that you need more and more sugar to get the same sweet taste.

I love you friend!
SaraJane

Alicia said...

Oooh, Pastor's Saturday blues...sorry! It jogged in my memory Sally telling us to pray the full armor of God for our children and the notes she gave us to pray them...you need one more thing to do I know! Especially starting a new way of eating...

Love ya, Alicia