Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The Corn Strikes Again!

It's been a week since Titus was sick and I forgot about my vow never to feed my kid's corn again. We had macaroni and cheese and corn, with chicken nuggets for dinner Monday night...

Yup, I got a rude awakening super early Tuesday morning. "Mommy, I threw up!" It was Leeann, and luckily she managed to keep it all on her pillow. Even better, we put her down straight from the car after getting home late the night before, so her hair was still up out of her face in a pony-tail type bun. This meant we didn't have to bathe her right away, or strip her bed, or change her clothes like we had to with Titus last week. I just threw her pillow and pillow case in the washing machine, laid some towels on our bedroom floor, gave her a bucket and put her back down. So, on one hand it was better than it was with Titus because she can aim and hit the bucket. On the other hand, it was worse because it was every 15 minutes to a half an hour for nearly 8 hours. Poor girl. She's feeling better today though and I think we're on the road to recovery! Rob was wonderfully sweet and took the day off yesterday, and ran all sorts of errands with Titus... allowing me to take care of Leeann and rest a little bit from my sleepless night.

I know I need to post more, and post pictures... but life around here has been crazy insane lately. My friend Sara Jane and I painted our entry way/foyer while Rob was at Convergence last weekend. Rob and I have been knee-deep in car research. We've officially decided to replace the van. It consumes a lot of brain power trying to figure out what to buy, how much to spend, where to buy from etc.

Well, I best be getting ready for my day. As much as I'd love to be incredibly lazy there are places to go, people to see and things to do!

3 comments:

Jessi said...

All I can say is Craig's List, it's a great sourse for everything, including cars. We've sold 2 and bought 2 on there and couldn't be more happy with our decisions. Sorry to hear about the kidos, maybe you just need to make a huge sign on your fridge saying "NO CORN!!!" Love you Robyn Elizabeth!

Love, Jessi and Halle too!

Robyn said...

Ah, I feel like I haven't been called Robyn Elizabeth forever!

I miss you Jess!

Robyn

SaraJane Campbell said...

I think you must have a curse in your house. First me, then Titus, then Leeann. Or maybe I was the curse. :-) Hey by the way We did a great job on the foyer and I love the rest of your house. can I move in!

Love you friend...I'll miss you all they way from New Jersey.

SaraJane