Tuesday, November 13, 2007

A Weekend to Remember

I could write a post that would take you 3 days to read... but I'll try to restrain myself!

Rob and I spent this last weekend at the Hilton (a very nice hotel!) in Vancouver, WA where got the awesome opportunity to attend an event called, "A Weekend to Remember". This an AMAZING marriage conference that is and has been such a blessing in our marriage! We got to go to one about a year and a half ago and we got to go again last weekend. We will try to go as often as possible... that's how good it is. It is here that I shall insert a special thank you to Ben and Brendel for taking care of our kiddos and to Dean and Deborah for joining in on that effort, we are so blessed by your graciousness!

Anyway, I don't even know what to write because we learned SO MUCH. I guess I would simply encourage my married readers to make a strong healthy marriage a priority. It's so worth fighting for! Read books (the men's resource table had plenty of them on CD to aid in making this effort easier :0), attend conferences, do studies on marriage. A good marriage doesn't happen naturally--it takes work, effort and diligence. BUT IT'S SO WORTH IT!

Go to http://www.familylife.com/ and find a conference in your area to attend. The investment is priceless! Why have a mediocre marriage when you can have a great marriage? Your husband (or wife) affects every area of your life, and God designed marriage to be a great thing. I can't think of a greater investment you can make.

Rob and I are nearing 6 years of marriage and I'm still learning new things about him and about our relationship every day. I am continually amazed at this institution called marriage. Getting married is incredibly easy to do, but staying married (and being happy doing it) is so much more difficult. There's so much that goes into the make-up of an individual man and individual woman that bringing them together in marriage and expecting things to 'just work' without consistent effort seems silly if you think about it.

Okay, I'm going to stop now. But seriously, consider making some steps toward a healthy and growing marriage. Yay for a beautiful weekend!

No comments: