Sunday, November 18, 2007

3 Years Ago...

I'm headed off to church in a few short minutes but I'm fondly remembering our Thanksgiving Service 3 years ago. During most of our service on Thanksgiving people share about what they are thankful to God for, and how He's blessed them in the past year.

Well, 3 years ago after the Thanksgiving service I became a mom. It seems so surreal looking back on it, but we made the announcement that we would be adopting Leeann and we took her home from church that day. I love being a mommy and Leeann has been such a huge blessing. She's taught me so much and she's such a special little girl. I'm thankful that God has brought her into our lives in such an amazing way. I'm also incredibly thankful for Kyndall's trusting in us and for her sacrifice and sharing this beautiful little blessing!

I only have 13 (or 14? I'm bad at math) more Thanksgivings with Leeann before I send her off to college. I'm sure I have at least 23 until she does Thanksgiving with her own family though :0) I am blessed!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Robyn, I loved this post!!! Leanne is a beautiful and sweet little girl, and I'm so happy you and Rob have her! That is so neat that Thanksgiving will always have extra meaning for you guys.