Wednesday, July 18, 2007

It's a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood...

As previously mentioned, I LOVE Big Train blended mocha's. The only place in town that I am aware of that uses this mix is Steamers, and I've been very pleased with their service. When I'm in the mood for a pick-me-up, Steamers it is! Downside though, it's drive through, so if I want to sit down with my Big Train and read or go out a with a girlfriend, or my hubby... it's not an option.

Second choice, Starbucks. It's the best of both worlds. Good drinks (though not as good as the Big Train) but you can sit down in a great environment. Downside, Starbucks is usually too cold for me, especially when I'm getting a cold drink.

Third choice, Java Network. It's got a great location, within walking distance of my house and it has a great atmosphere... it usually isn't too busy and it's got a fire place so I can control the temperature for the most part. Downside, mediocre blended mochas. So, I go there to meet people or to work sometimes, but I get a drink out of obligation, not because I actually like them.

Well, the other day at Java Network we were having a staff meeting and I got a delicious blended mocha. I thought maybe it was just the way that specific girl made it... but it was surprisingly delicious! I went back that night to meet some friends (and I got a cookie, two mochas in one day is no good!) and I asked if they changed their drink mix by chance. Lo and Behold, they are now using Big Train! The best of all worlds-- good environment, just down the street and Big Train mochas. It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure it was a beautiful day in the neighborhood when Leeann turned 4 - I'm waiting for pictures!!!