Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Where oh where did January go?

January came and went in a flash. I'm not sure I stopped to breathe for more than a few minutes during the entire month. It's all kind of a blur!

I quit my job at the church at the end of December and started a job nannying just 3 days later. My nanny duties are temporary, just until the middle of March, but it encompasses 3 full days out of any given week. So, the reality is, I'm working even more hours than I was working before. People keep asking me if I'm enjoying all my new found spare time since I'm not working anymore. I just laugh!

Spare what? Time. Shoot, what time is it? What did I forget? Am I late for something?

That's about how my mind has been functioning lately.

In January we also got some lessons from the school of hard knocks. In the nearly 3 years that we've been landlords we've had relatively few problems with our rental and/or renters. In the last 3 months we've had nothing but problems however. We've become very familiar with rent law and court proceedings lately!

The good news is that I got to spend a couple of days helping my dad (a very, very handy handy-man) fix the damage done to our home so our new renters could move in. There's always a bright side, right?

More than ever I wish the condo would sell so we can be back down to one mortgage! Now that we have  new renters in the other house though, we likely wouldn't move back in there until it becomes vacant again. It would be nice to know that we could move back in when it does become vacant though.

Initially, our adventures in condo dwelling were supposed to be a very, very short term adventure. Then the economy started to collapse, real estate prices plummeted, yada, yada, yada. So here we are... still in the condo. We're actually officially listing on the market today. I would be delighted if it would sell... soon!

But, this also means that I have to be prepared to have someone stop by on 1 hours notice at any point. That, folks, is my least favorite part of having my condo on the market!

Remember me talking about how little time I've had to breathe lately? Try breathing, and keeping the house in show-worthy condition! Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!

In other news, I still haven't blogged much of anything besides our trip to Disneyland for the past few months. I have yet to post about Christmas, but I finally finished Titus's Birthday post (yes, his birthday was 2 months ago for those keeping track at home!). The worst part is, it was already 95% done, I just needed to finish up his interview.

I have stayed pretty busy keeping up on my Real Life Pastor's Wife blog though. I've been posting lots of green smoothie recipes this month, and recently blogged about Leeann's wildly successful coffee shop last weekend where she raised lots of money for our local pregnancy resource center.

You should hop on over and ready about Leeann's fundraising effort. It's an inspiring story of a sweet faith-filled little girl!

1 comment:

T & K said...

I know what you mean about renters/rental property. We just re-rented our house in Jefferson because it just wasn't moving on the market and we can't keep up both mortgages without renters. : ( Always keeping an ear out for people wanting housing down in the Jefferson/Albany area. : )