Thursday, February 24, 2011

Snow Day!


We woke up this morning to a decent dusting of snow, then we had some huge beautiful flakes that started piling up on the ground. I kept watching the school reports, waiting for our district to cancel school, but they never did.

So I sent a disappointed Leeann off to school and came back and dug through our snow gear so Titus could go play outside. He ended up having to wear pink Hello Kitty boots, because that's what we had in his size, but he didn't mind so much if it meant he got to go play in the snow!

He could have played all day, but I didn't have snow gear on so I didn't last long. We came inside for some warm tomato soup and played some Wii games together.

Here's to hoping there's at least enough snow when Leeann gets off of school for her to play in a little bit. If the status of my facebook friends is indicative of the rest of the district, I'm going to guess about half of the parents declared it a snow day anyway, so I'm pretty sure today was an uneventful day for her at school.

I'm still holding out hope that tomorrow will end up being a real, "official" snow day. You know, one of those days where I don't have to get out of bed so early?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would think she'd have learned how to throw excellent events with short planning spans ... didn't you mention you planned your entire wedding in less than 6 months?
She certainly has a pretty cool role-model to learn from! ;*)