I started a grease fire in my kitchen last night, then burnt a tortilla to a crisp and later turned the wrong burner on and started to melt a plastic utensil. My house stunk!
A really cute moment was when Rob, Suzy and I were all in the kitchen trying to deal with the fire (we were trying to squelch the fire, open windows and rescue the 3 other pots and pans cooking food on the stove), Leeann came downstairs after a few minutes with a my little pony, tiny sized bucked of water. "Here you go, this is for the fire!" she said proudly. Truly, it wouldn't have put out a match, but it was a sweet thought!
THEN, as Leeann was clearing the table she looked at me with her silly little look and said, "Look under the plate mommy!" Smashed between two dirty plates was my cell phone.
I told her it wasn't funny because it was getting my cell phone dirty and asked her to take care of it. Translated in the mind of a 6 year-old... wash it. Unfortunately I didn't realize she was washing it until it was too late.
Luckily, my new every two phone plan just left me eligible for a new phone as of last week!
Today though, I am unable to call out and that has caused me numerous problems already.
I LOVE my life, but sometimes it's just plain exhausting!