Monday, July 20, 2009

Waiting for the Cakes to Cool...

I'm up late... waiting for Leeann's cakes to cool so I can start frosting them. Tomorrow's her party!

I am quite irritated though. I like to make the cakes a day or two in advance, or at least the morning of planned decorating day to give them plenty of time to cool before decorating them. But, I've stayed out too late partying for the last couple of nights, and we had an extra long visit day in St. Helens today, so I didn't get started on the cakes until 8 something.

Then I spent an hour looking for one of my small round pans. An hour! Talk about stressed out. I looked in every cupboard, the pantry and the garage at least 3 times. It was no where to be found! Then it just showed up out of the middle of no where... in a very logical place. Well, it wasn't logical to me, but I can see how it would be logical to the Nanny, who was obviously the one who put it away after it's last use.

So now, I'm waiting for the cakes to cool. I haven't even started frosting and it's 11:30. I have the feeling it's going to be a long night! But when princess sees her castle cake in the morning, it will all be well worth it!

No comments: