Monday, December 10, 2007

Talk about unfair...

I was checking my blog rounds today and anyone who's been reading my blog for very long knows that theirs a cancer kiddo named Rebekah who's stolen my heart. I met her on Leeann's adoption day because her daddy was our adoption lawyer. We were lucky enough to meet Rebekah when she was well enough to come see her daddy work for the day.

Anyway, she's a cancer SURVIVOR with a tough road ahead... but she's one tough cookie and so is her family. I strongly encourage you to spend some time getting to know her through her blog!

Anyway, I read on her blog today that on her 6th birthday (Saturday) their house burned and has significant fire damage. Yikes, I can't imagine the toll this is taking on their family. I get worn out reading about their trials and tribulations, though I'm always inspired by their positive words and encouragements (like hold your kiddos just a little bit tighter tonight, you never know what tomorrow will bring!).

Anyway, I know that I don't have a huge blog following per se, but I imagine many of you have been following her story through my blog. I would like to encourage you to 'adopt a family' this Christmas. I know this family has medical bills galore and they've received more than the lions share of heart-ache over these last couple of years. Let's be a blessing to them this Christmas!

You can donate via pay pal either to Rebekah's trust http://www.helprebekah.com/ or to their family (they can't use her trust for general family expenses) by going to paypal AT attorney adams DOT com - of course deleting the spaces and using the characters instead of the capitals.

You can watch a touching video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StlgiPLr8fU or of course, visiter her blog at http://rebekahspage.blogspot.com/. Please consider making a donation (however big or small) as I know everything helps.

You're prayers are also greatly appreciated. Rebekah had scans last week (to see if she's still cancer free) and they are waiting to get the results this week. Please lift this beautiful little girl up in prayer that she would be cancer free now and forever!

To make it easy to give, I've copied this from http://www.helprebekah.com/id16.html

Contributions can be made by clicking on the PayPal button above, on the front page or HERE. PayPal will allow you to make a contribution using your paypal account OR your credit card if you do not have nor want to have a PayPal account. No signup is necessary - just click and donate!

Contributions can also be made by going into any US Bank and asking to make a deposit to the “Rebekah C. Adams Irrev Trust.” Please be aware that some have reported problems with their local bank finding the account. Please make sure you copy down the name just as shown above.

You may also mail a check made payable to the trust to Scott and Frances or directly to the Trustee: Scott and Frances, Post Office Box 111, Banks, Oregon 97106 or Trustee Molly Mickley, 3305 SE Grant Street, Portland, Oregon 97214.

No comments: