Sunday, December 16, 2007

Has it really been 6 years?

Rob and I celebrated our 6th anniversary yesterday. 6 years! Wow, it seems like it was just a year or two ago that we tied the knot. We've both agreed that it's been a good 6 years. I'm continuously amazed at how good marriage has been. You watch t.v. shows growing up where there is a nagging wife, a lazy husband an intrusive in-laws and bad neighbors. The kid's level of respect generally is on par with the respect coming from a gnat and life is more-or-less miserable. Okay, so really, what were my parents thinking letting me watch so much Married with Children?

Anyway, I'm grateful that our 6 years have been filled with trials and difficulties as we learn to coincide with one another despite our different upbringings, habits, preferences etc., and also with so much joy and excitement as we learn, laugh and love together.

In 6 years, we've had the joy of bringing two kids into our family, we've lived in 2 different cities in 4 different houses. We've both gotten our Bachelor's degrees, we've driven 5 different cars, been to Disneyland twice and all the while we've had tons of fun! I'm loving life and on most days I'm loving marriage too :0) I tell Rob that I always love him and on most days I even like him too!

Really, I think Rob and I are perfect for each other. It's amazing how well we see eye-to-eye on so many things, and how committed we both are to the important things in life. I'd say, we're the perfect fit! Yay for 6 wonderful years of marriage!

2 comments:

Serah Pope said...

Congratulations. You amaze me.

K said...

*WILD APPLAUSE*
Congratulations!