Monday, September 17, 2007

Ridiculously Busy

I've written a dozen blog posts in my head as I'm flittering from here to there. I've even 'written' some really good, deep, meaningful ones. None of them have actually made it to the blog however because I'm in over my head with a little bit of everything!

I feel like I've been going and going for who-knows how long now! Last week I spent my 'spare-time' peeling wall-paper off of walls in some of our children's classrooms. This week I've spent my 'spare-time' prepping and painting along with some delightful volunteers.

On top of a plethora of paint, we officially joined the YMCA. We've gone 3-4 times a week for the last couple of weeks. It's GREAT, and I feel great, but at an hour a whack (plus shower time, and getting ready all over again...) it takes a bit of time out of my life that wasn't usually missing.

Oh, and this week I'm "teacher mommy", substituting at the preschool I used to work at (which happens to be at the church, and happens to be where Leeann goes to school... hence the teacher mommy).

Oh, and did I mention I'm launching a new Fall ministry which I feel desperately behind on... still lacking small group leaders for a program that starts next Wednesday? It kind of stresses me out, but I'm trusting that God already has in mind who He wants there... I just don't happen to know who those people are yet!

And I'm starting to mentor a high school girl this week, which I'm really excited about!

Oh, and a couple of ladies and myself have started a "Mom's on Track" accountability group. I'm trying really hard to be a great wife and a great mommy... so they're holding me accountable to some things that help keep me on track. This is necessary especially because I'm involved in so many different things, that I have to have my home life in order first and foremost. It's great stuff, but I've been working extra hard to keep my home in order in spite of all the craziness going on... which just takes that much more time and energy. Time and energy well spent however!

So, I have a list in mind about a mile long of things that I need to do... but just about NO time what-so-ever to breathe... let alone make progress. I'm just trying to stay afloat this week. Now I will exit my pitty-party, and get some sleep. It's probably best!

How do mom's do what they do? I'm simply amazed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What color is plethora?????