Thursday, August 04, 2011

Picture Perfect Wedding

Despite the fact that I've been coordinating weddings for years, and Rob's been preforming them for years as well, we had never done one together until a few weeks ago. 

I'm not sure I've ever been to a more picturesque wedding. It was very small and quaint at an old country church way out past West Salem, which happens to be very near where Rob and I lived when we first got married. Maybe that's why I thought it was so beautiful?

The bride and groom really wanted our kids to be there, and despite the fact that Rob and I were both busy working at different points in time the kids behaved really well. I am pleased with how grown up they're able to be when necessary... for the most part anyway!

The Bride and Groom provided a nice catered picnic lunch on blankets in the grass (there were some tables set up, but we enjoyed our food on a blanket) where Titus enjoyed using his butter knife to cut up play with ants. 

 Then we enjoyed some cupcakes and root beer floats (complete with old fashioned paper straws, Cold Stone ice cream and fresh brewed root beer served in the most adorable mason jars).

After lunch they pulled out some Nerf guns for the kids to play with. There are few ways to get to my son's heart faster!

Leeann joined in the fun too. 

And my other child couldn't resist either!

All in all, it was a beautiful day that made for some really fun family memories! And it's always fun to see such giddy newlyweds. It reminds me of the joy of marriage. I can't believe it's already been almost 10 years since Rob and I said "I do".  

No comments: