Today my precious little boy turned eight. As in, only ten short years from being an adult! Be still my little heart... how can my son be eight already? I swear I remember all of the details of his very first "Birth Day" as if it was just yesterday!
(p.s. My adorable nieces are about to turn 15!)
I brought his Birthday lunch request (McDonald's) to school and ate with him today. Then we played foursquare until he ever so politely asked me if he could go play with Andy instead. It's okay, I will try to focus on the fact that he invited me out to the playground and asked me to play with him for a little while instead of focusing on the fact that he ditched me!
He opened up his gift from us, which was a camera. My budding little photographer/videographer will undoubtedly get some good use out of his new "toy". He's already been busy taking pictures tonight. Here are a few of them!
Now we just have to figure out what setting it's on that is causing the vignetting. I'm sure he'll figure out how to use it to it's fullest extent in no time. This kid has one of those minds that just turns and whirls and works all day every day. If I do say so myself, he's a rather exceptionally bright kiddo! First he will conquer his camera... then he'll conquer the world! Too much? What can I say... he's my BABY!
And finally, here's an interview with Titus. I so wish I had done these earlier/more often. It's so fun to compare his answers today with his answers 2 years ago! Happy Birthday Titus!
Titus's Birthday Interview
What is your favorite toy?
(6) Starwars and Legos.
What is your favorite food?
(6) Macaroni and Cheese.
(8) Macaroni and Cheese
What is your favorite book?
(6) Starwars books.
(8) Calvin and Hobbs
What is your favorite place to eat?
(6) The place where we eat peanuts and drop them on the floor. The warehouse? I don’t remember what it’s called… (Roadhouse Grill).
Who are your best friends?
(6) Logan, Weston, Josh and Bruce.
(8) Andy, Sam, Mark, Hunter and Eli
What do you want to be when you grow up?
(6) Lots of things. Police officer, fire fighter, a cowboy, a worker, a builder, a racecar driver, and that’s it.
(8) A Lego Set Designer
What is something you are good at doing?
(6) Going through tiny holes. Playing Lego Starwars. Playing the Wii. And that’s it.
(8) Playing the Wii. Taking pictures. Making noise. Being funny.
What’s your favorite movie?
What is your favorite treat?
(8) Grammy’s desserts.
What is your favorite subject in school?
(6) Mostly English and Spanish.
(8) Library, P.E., Technology
What is your favorite thing to do?
(6) My favorite thing to do is playing with Legos and my Lego sets.
(8) Read and play
Where’s your most favorite place to be?
(6) At Josh’s house or Logan and Weston’s house and Disneyland and Legoland.
(8) In my room
What’s your favorite holiday?
What do you like most about yourself?
(6) I have no idea.
(8) That I’m funny
What is your favorite game to play?
(8) Lego games and Wii games
Do you think you’ll ever get married?
(6) Yup, of course.
How many kids do you want to have?
(6) Ten! Actually, 20. Well, I think 30. I think 40. 20 girls and 20 boys!
(8) However many I get
Tell me about your family.
(6) Daddy’s the funny one. And he likes to wrestle. Leeann’s sometimes freaked out by people and she’s also funny. And mommy likes to do the computer a lot. She does the phone a lot too.
(8) My family are my mom, my dad, Jade and Leeann. Leeann is pretty dramatic. Jade laughs a lot. Mom cooks and Daddy makes funny jokes.
What are you looking forward to about your Birthday party?
(6) Getting lots of Starwars stuff. McDonalds, friends and that’s it.
(8) Having all the guests I want there