Monday, June 29, 2009

Chaos, Cakes, Celebrations and More!

My sweet nephew Landon turned 1 this weekend. Wow, time FLIES! How is he 1 already?



I was commissioned to make him a Very Hungry Caterpillar cake, and I have to say that this is probably my favorite cake ever! It was fun to make, and turned out so cute (if I do say so myself!) Suzy used her scraptastic skills to do the eyes, nose, feet and antennae, which totally make the cake PERFECT. I stole the idea from someone in google-land, but did a fondant-free, slightly altered version spiced up with the paper accessories. It was fun, I enjoy making cakes!
------------------------

This weekend also included a memorial service for a sweet, classy lady whose time came far too soon. Man alive, services honoring amazing people leave me with so much to think about. Unfortunately, my brain is pure mush right now and I'm afraid it simply isn't the time for me to try to articulate much of anything, let alone something so important. Life is so short. So short.

------------------------
I also attended a beautiful baby shower. New life is so amazing. So are chocolate covered cheesecake pops!
-------------------------
We had a softball game. We did really well. I made it to 3rd base for the first time this season (nevermind it was because of 2 walks!). We were up the whole game but lost it in the last inning. Lucky me, I got to be the last batter. I didn't strike out, but I didn't make it to first either. Stink!
-------------------------

I picked up one of my old college roomies, Ruthi on the way to St. Helens this weekend. It was fun to have her along for the ride today! 4 hours in the car, with 4 kids gets really old, really fast!
------------------------
I feel like I'm juggling 12 balls in the air, and I'm not keeping any of the up very successfully right now. I feel like I'm just waiting to see which one comes crashing down first. As Rob pointed out to me tonight, "You can only continue at this pace for so long." I know that's the case, I just don't know what to let drop. All the balls I have in the air right now are important balls... I can't let any of them drop. It's kind of a difficult place to be in at the moment. I just keep trying to tell myself that it's only a stage...
-------------------------
All four of us are coughing up a storm and my whole body aches. I'm not sure that helps the above situation at all. Well, as I said earlier, my brain is quite mushy, so I'm sorry if I'm being quite random. Enjoy a few sweet pictures of Landon for now, and I'll try to get some up of my kiddos soon!






No comments: