Monday, December 04, 2006

Titus's 1st Birthday Party (Round One)


This is cake #1. I have a goal of making special cakes for my kids for their Birthdays as long as they'll let me. My aunt Pam used to make us fun character cakes and they were always incredibly special... and I want to share that tradition with my kids. Many of the cakes take me anywhere from 6 to 8 hours to make, and since I didn't have the time to do that for Titus's first party, I compromised and made him and my brother Jason an easier version of a home-made cake. I forgot to bring the candle, so a tea light rested nicely on the trailer! This cake was actually quite fun to make (with the help of my aunt Pam... the one whom I stole this tradition from! Thanks Aunt Pam!)


This is Titus and my brother Jason. Awww!


Another fun family tradition is the box of cereal that my Grandma gets everyone for their birthday. Our presents are always wrapped in comics and somewhere in the pile of gifts there is always a box of cereal. I love this tradition! Titus seemed to enjoy it too!


My family went together and got Titus a car seat! It's such a blessing!

(Okay, I have a confession to make... we got it almost a week and a half ago but haven't installled it yet. We keep waiting for our van to get back from the shop but they keep putting us off. Installing carseats is quite a pain, so we're trying to avoid having to install it in the Buick only to take it out and re-install it in the van. We should get the van back today and I'm excited to test out the new seat!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Rebecca.Alburn said...

Great job on both cakes! Wow!

Anonymous said...

I love the cakes too. Congrats on the first steps. Happy Birthday Titus!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I was out blogging and found your site. It certainly got my attention and interest. I was looking for Vacations information and even though this isn't a perfect match I enjoyed your site. Thanks for the read!

My name is Breanna... said...

HI, I know this is weird to leave you a message here, but I don't have your email. Can I get your address? I want to send you a Christmas card. Hope you are having a great day,,,,by the way, amazing cakes!!!

Anonymous said...

I had a car seat epiphany the other day. If cars are so incredibly dangerous to ride in for children, and most people have children, they should just skip the whole expensive multi-car seat process and build convertable car seats into the car itself that will let everybody from a five pounder to an adult have a safe seat. I'm sure somebody could design something that could be adjusted in a few minutes. Of course, by the time they design it, put it in new vehicles, and the new vehicles get old enough for lower or middle class to afford the vehicles, our children will be adults anyway, but it could be easier for our grandchildren. Anyway. Have fun strappin that puppy in.

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know I saw the photo of your children in the new Corban alumni magazine...they're beautiful! (I've seen pictures before but I still think you have the most beautiful children!)