Saturday, April 24, 2010

NOT THE BOOK!


Leeann was just eating lunch at the counter and all of the sudden she gasped as her cup full of water hit the counter. In a very calm, very loving tone (honestly, I really was calm, it was an accident... no one wants to get in trouble over an accident!)

I grabbed a towel and began to sop up the water when I realized it had creeped under my book. My brand new, signed copy of The Pioneer Woman Cooks! Inside I screamed, "NOT THE BOOK! I WORKED SO HARD FOR THAT BOOK!"

As I picked it up I tried to hide my panic as I gasped and said, "Oh no, my book!" Again, rather calmly given the circumstances... but Leeann started to cry. She's so sensitive and knows how much I love that book. Isn't she so sweet? I just adore this little girl. Lucky me, the book has a pretty slick, fancy cover and I think it will probably come out unscathed!

 Now you can all sleep at night.

And I showed Leeann that the book is just fine, I think she'll come out unscathed too!

No comments: