Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Corn Strike!

Leeann woke us up at 2 something this morning. I went to check on her and in her sweet little voice she informed me that Titus threw up on her. She's such a gracious girl, being all sweet n all in spite of a disgusting mess all around her.

Not that you need a visual, but hey, this is my blog. It was liquid, like water... and corn with a few other floaty fragments. You couldn't just pick it up or easily clean it up. Anyway, world's greatest husband woke up and helped me get the kiddos bathed and things in the wash. We set a bath/sheet bed down in our room for Titus to sleep on our floor. Rob slept upstairs on the kids' floor. He threw up three times last night, and dry-heaved several more times this morning.

In the middle of the night I found myself cursing corn. Why do we eat a vegetable that obviously doesn't digest well if it comes out both ends whole 14+ hours post consumption? As if cleaning up the mess wasn't enough, I found myself picking corn off the clothes, towels and sheets that had been in the washing machine. This, of course was in the middle of the night. We only have two of Titus's blankies, and it's the kind of thing that's crucial to get through the washer and the dryer in a speedy manner for a sick two year old!

Anyway, this morning he's still been dry-heaving, but he's up and at em. Try convincing him that he needs to stay still and lay on his sheet all day. Ha! Great, now I'm going to be picking up more corn fragments from around the house all day. I'm going on a corn strike!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

eeeeeewie!!!!!!!

Bless your heart for being a good momma and cleaning up even when it's beyond gross.

My mom always says to do your work as unto the Lord and not unto man. In so doing, you're actually praising Him.

Praise God by cleaning up puke? You betcha! With a glad heart, even.

**big hugs**

Hang in there!

beachbirdie said...

I hope your little Titus is feeling much better by now and that the bug has by-passed the rest of you!

Thanks for the memories...I can't tell you how many sleepless nights we've spent with puking kids...sometimes 4 of them at once...(sigh).

A bit of advice...I think this is one of the reasons everyone should have a *Shop-Vac*. It does a great job cleaning up the mess. :-D